The ITI Foundation and ITI Headquarters, represented by ITI Headquarters, seek to ensure that the information published on the "ITInet" website is up to date and accurate. However, the information on the website, including answers given by users/experts to questions from other users/experts, does not constitute legal or professional advice.
No warranty or guarantee of resolution of problems is expressed or implied with any information on the ITInet. In no event shall the ITI Foundation and the ITI Association, its employees, associates or members, or any user/expert of this site, be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage whatsoever that may arise from the use of this site or any of the information available on this site. Any information or advice is to be applied at the user's discretion.
Any message posted on the ITInet forums expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect the views of the ITI or ITI Headquarters or the views of any other person on the ITInet forums.
This website may include links to other websites. Such links are provided for navigational convenience and provide a link to websites that are not under the control of the ITI/ITI Headquarters. Whilst we check the links for suitability and initial availability, we cannot guarantee the availability or content of such sites, as they may change over time.
Links from this website to other websites are not endorsements of those sites. The ITI Foundation and the ITI Association do not in any way endorse or approve those sites, their content, or the people who run them.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time, our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary.
The ITI is committed to ensuring that users' personal information is used properly and is stored securely. By submitting information to the ITInet website, whether during the registration process or when posting contributions, users consent to such information being processed by us and our suppliers in accordance with this Data Protection Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
The ITI collects the following information ("Membership Registration Data ") from users in order to register them as an ITI Member and a user of the ITInet: first name, last name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, home address, citizenship, place of residence, education,specialization, languages spoken, data related to users' personal and professional CV. When registering as a member, users must provide an email address and a password. The ITI cannot register anyone as a Member and ITInet user without this information.
All contributions submitted to the ITInet forums are voluntary and shall not include personal information relating to patients ("Patient Information") that is not anonymous, unless informed consent has previously been obtained from the patient in writing. In no event shall the ITI Foundation and the ITI Association, its employees or associates be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage that may arise from patient information being uploaded that is not anonymous.
Users control the purpose for which Patient Information is used on the website. The ITI stores Patient Information on behalf of users, but will not use personal data contained in Patient Information for its own purposes. Users' contributions will only be used as outlined in this Data Protection Policy.
Users agree to indemnify the ITI and keep it indemnified from and against all costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, legal and other professional fees and expenses), losses, damages and other liabilities suffered or incurred by the ITI that arising out of or in connection with a breach of this paragraph by the user.
Use of Personal Information
The ITI uses Membership Registration Data in order to register people as Members, to administer the ITInet and provide users with services available through the ITI (such as the ITI Welcome Package, ITI Treatment Guide, Forum Implantologicum, etc.). The ITI also uses Membership Registration Data in order to contact users by email with newsletters and service-related announcements. The ITI may use Membership Registration Data to contact users about products and services that the ITI thinks may be of interest to them and to request user participation in surveys or other activities related to the ITI or other projects with which the ITI is involved.
Sharing Membership Registration Data
The ITI may share the Membership Registration data of users with third parties in that the ITI may occasionally use third-party suppliers to process Membership Registration data on its behalf, e.g. to host the ITInet portal and to maintain the ITI's IT systems. Where the ITI uses a third-party supplier to process the Membership Registration Data of users on the ITI's behalf, the ITI will ensure that adequate security measures are in place to safeguard users' Membership Registration Data.
Notification of Changes
ITI and ITInet Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities derives from the ITI principles. By accessing or using the ITInet, you agree to this Statement.
- Users will not post any false personal information on the ITInet, or create an account for anyone other than themselves without permission.
- Users will not use their personal profile for commercial gain (such as promoting and/or selling products).
- Users will keep their contact information accurate and up to date.
- Users will not share their password, let anyone else access their account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of their account.
- Users will not transfer their account to anyone without first getting written approval to do so from the ITI.
- Users will not post any confidential or proprietary information.
- When reporting or referencing a post on another site, users will provide a link to the original post or story.
- When relevant, users will identify their affiliation with a third party/commercial entity and their area of interest.
- Users will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the ITInet.
- Users will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the ITInet, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without the ITI's permission.
- Users will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as pyramid schemes, on the ITInet.
- Users will not further their own personal or private commercial interests via the ITInet.
- Users will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- Users will not solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to another user.
- Users will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- Users will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Users will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on the ITInet.
- Users will not use the ITInet to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Users will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the ITInet, such as a denial of service attack.
- Users will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- Users will not post content or take any action on the ITInet that infringes or violates the rights of another individual or otherwise violates the law.
- Users will not use ITI copyrights, or any confusingly similar trademarks, without the ITI's written permission.
- Users will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on the ITInet.
The ITI reserves the right to remove any content or information posted on the ITInet or disable an account as appropriate or even to stop providing all or part of the ITInet if it believes that a user is violating the letter or spirit of this Statement or otherwise creating possible legal exposure for the ITI. The ITI will notify the user by email directly or the next time the user attempts to access his/her account.
This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding the ITInet and supersedes any prior agreements. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent the ITI from complying with the law.
ITI International Team for Implantology
Peter Merian-Strasse 88
Tel. +41 (0) 61 270 83 83
Fax +41 (0) 61 270 83 84
ITInet Terms & Policies, Version 1.0 (May 1, 2010)